»

7.11.2006

Gonna make you sweat.


Well, today was supposed to be a rest day - but I exchanged it with yesterday. I got up this morning - it was pretty hard to pull myself out of bed...and it was hard for me to get started running (which is a first). My workout totaled roughly 30 minutes. I ran for 1 & 1/2 minutes then 1 minute, and finally 1/2 minute. By the time I was finished I was poring with sweat - I haven't sweat that much in awhile. I dunno what that means - if I am working harder or it is just hotter outside. It was about 78-80 degrees, which is the usual.

Anyways, I got another beginner running book. I can't wait for it to get here! The "Jog, Run, Race" by Joe Henderson is good but I still can't meet the first goal. He wants you to run 3 minutes straight and I can't get past 2 minutes. So I searched for something that is for extreme beginners and I found a book highly recommended on Amazon. I chose it because there were reviews of people who were 85 pounds overweight and had never ran a day in their lives and now after finishing the book's program were going to run their first 5K & 10K. Man, wouldn't that be awesome!?! I want to be able to run that - I wanna be a runner! Well, I can't remember the name of the book but I will post it as soon as I get it.

Well, I guess that is it for today. I am really worn out - gonna go now - be back tomorrow!

0 comments: