»

7.19.2006

No, not the Froot Loops!


Man have I been lazy. I didn't run the past 3 days... I just couldn't convince myself to get out of bed... and the scary thing is that I didn't feel bad about it either. I really, really don't want to stop - running and diet are the only hope I have to losing this weight. But not only losing the weight - but most importantly changing. I really want to change. I want to eat right - and take care of myself. Since May I have been concentrating on taking care of myself. I have really started to notice how I am getting older and my body isn't able to do the things I once could. That is mostly due to my lack of concern for myself - but that all has to change. Even though I am still young - I am not 16 anymore. I can't skip one meal and lose weight. I can't eat donuts for breakfast and pizza for dinner and maintain. Ah, the life I used to have was so very much carefree. Oh, well....

Speaking of diet, I have got to get a hold on mine. Yesterday, I had 4; yes 4, bowls of Froot Loops, 1 slice of pizza, 2 breadsticks, and 1 cup of peanut butter cookie dough ice cream. Man, that is embarrassing! Not only that, I forgot to take my metformin all day - my body is prolly reeling from it all! So, in order to get myself in line - I have been researching what a girl with PCOS should eat. I have had one doctor recommend SugarBusters, and another Atkins. Well, Atkins and I just don't mix - and SugarBusters honestly doesn't appeal to me. The Low GI looks like it would work - but it is a little complicated for me. However, the SouthBeach looks interesting and somewhat simple. Simplicity is the key for me. So I ordered the book off of Amazon for $3 and I am awaiting its arrival.

Oh, I pray that I can stick to something and change my life.

0 comments: