»

7.09.2006

I choose POWERFUL!


Alright, so I haven't written in awhile... but I haven't stopped running.

I have ran the last two weeks that I have been gone. My legs were hurting pretty badly and I finally asked the doctor (yes, the cute one) what was going on. He said I needed some arch support - so I took his advice and went to the store and got me some Dr. Scholl's. To my surprise, they worked really well. My legs did burn, but nowhere near as bad as before. I was actually able to run 2 minutes!
G
osh, I know 2 minutes sounds so novice - and I am. I hate being a newbie at anything. Hopefully, it won't last for long.

Anyways, back to the important stuff. Today was my one-month weigh & measure. I am pretty proud of myself for keeping with it for one-month - it is hard for me to stick to anything. But, I'm trying to change that.


So here are my stats:
Weight: 280 --> 283.8
Pulse Rate: 58 --> 70 (I'm not sure if I recorded the first figure correctly)
Bust: 52" --> 50" (-2!)
Waist: 50" --> 48" (-2!)
Hips: 56" --> 56" (0)

So I lost 2 inches on my bust and waist. My waist is where most people said they saw a change. Of course it is going to take awhile to get rid of my hips.. the one thing that I really want to lose! But, at first I was really disappointed - it doesn't seem like I have changed much for all the work I have done. Am I overreacting? I have no idea - I don't know what to expect - except I have friends who lost something like 15 pounds the first month they started working out. But I can't compare myself to them because it will only make me even more depressed. I am hoping that the 3.8 pounds is muscle mass. I do really have to start working on my diet. That is the toughest part for me - weaning myself off of sugar. Ahhh, I just can't pressure myself too much to change at once because I will buckle and fall back into my old routine. So I am just going to keep running into my 2nd month and try to change my eating as I go. I recently read this book and I found a quote that really motivated me. I am going to use it when I get depressed that things aren't working out and I want to quit.

"You can be pitiful or you can be powerful. The choice is up to you." Joyce Meyer

0 comments: